Devops engineer jobs in Canada
Over 300 DevOps engineer jobs in Canada for urgent employment.
Continue reading to see exactly how to apply.
In today’s fast-paced technology industry, companies are increasingly realizing the importance of DevOps Engineers. These professionals act as a bridge between developers and operations teams, ensuring that software development, testing, and deployment run smoothly. DevOps Engineers are in high demand in Canada, with many companies looking for skilled professionals to help them achieve their goals.
Devops engineer jobs in Canada (354 devops engineer jobs in Canada with salaries) - Apply Now - SCHOLARSHIPS & JOB PORTAL
Software engineer NEEDED ASAP by IT Quality Looking for a DevOps Engineer job in Canada? This job post has all the information you need, including job duties, salary expectations, employment requirements, and necessary skills and knowledge. Whether you're just starting your career or looking to advance, this post is your guide to finding your dream DevOps Engineer job in Canada.
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-02-21
Expiry Posted: 2023-03-21
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : I.T. Quality
Organization URL: https://www.itquality.ca
Organization Logo: https://www.itquality.ca/images/logo-small.png
Location: PostalAddress, Unit 207, 10020 Franklin Ave, , Fort McMurray, AB , T9H 2K6, Canada
Description of DevOps Engineer Jobs
A DevOps Engineer is responsible for the integration and deployment of software across different systems, tools, and platforms. They must have a deep understanding of both software development and IT operations, and be able to work with developers, quality assurance teams, and system administrators to ensure that the software development process is seamless.
Job Duties of DevOps Engineers
DevOps Engineers perform a wide range of tasks that are critical to the software development process. Some of their key responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Automating software deployment, testing, and release processes
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications and infrastructure
- Managing cloud-based infrastructure and services
- Collaborating with development teams to ensure that the software is well-architected, testable, and scalable
- Implementing security measures to protect applications and infrastructure
Salary of DevOps Engineers in Canada
According to Payscale, the average hourly rate for a DevOps Engineer in Canada is C$38.82, and the average annual salary is C$89,123. However, salaries can vary depending on the level of experience, location, and industry. For instance, DevOps Engineers in Toronto and Vancouver tend to earn more than those in other cities.
Available DevOps Engineer jobs in Canada
Devops Engineer jobs in Canada. The job postings found are for all Software engineers and designers with NOC 21231
|Alberta||40||DevOps Engineer jobs in Alberta|
|British Columbia||70||DevOps Engineer jobs in British Columbia|
|New Brunswick||10||DevOps Engineer jobs in New Brunswick|
|Nova Scotia||19||DevOps Engineer jobs in Nova Scotia|
|Ontario||168||DevOps Engineer jobs in Ontario|
|DevOps Engineer jobs in Québec||43||DevOps Engineer jobs in Québec|
Software engineer needed by I.T. Quality Inc.
Employer: I.T.Quality Inc.
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Salary: $46.20 hourly40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- Collect and document user’s requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Software development
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Requirements for DevOps Engineers
To become a DevOps Engineer in Canada, you typically need a degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field. Employers also look for candidates who have experience with cloud technologies, automation tools, and programming languages such as Python, Java, and Ruby.
Some companies may require additional certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.
Professional Certification and Licensing for DevOps Engineers
There are several professional certifications that can help DevOps Engineers demonstrate their skills and knowledge. These include:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Puppet Certified Professional
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Alberta||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta|
|British Columbia||Engineer (software)||Regulated||Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia|
|Manitoba||Software Engineers||Regulated||Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba|
|New Brunswick||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Software Engineers||Regulated||Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Software Engineers||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Nova Scotia||Software Engineers||Regulated||Engineers Nova Scotia|
|Ontario||Software Engineers||Regulated||Professional Engineers Ontario|
|Prince Edward Island||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island|
|Québec||Software Engineers||Regulated||Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec|
|Saskatchewan||Software Designer||Regulated||CIPS Saskatchewan|
|Software Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan|
|Yukon||Software Engineer||Regulated||Engineers of Yukon|
Source: Foreign Credential Recognition Program – ESDC
DevOps Engineer Tasks
The tasks of a DevOps Engineer can vary depending on the organization they work for. Some of the common tasks they perform include:
- Developing automation scripts and tools to streamline software development, testing, and deployment
- Implementing and managing cloud-based infrastructure using tools like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Setting up monitoring and logging tools to ensure that applications and infrastructure are performing optimally
- Collaborating with developers to design, build, and test applications that are scalable, resilient, and secure
- Implementing security measures to protect applications and infrastructure from cyber threats
- Providing support for production issues and resolving them in a timely manner
Skills and Knowledge Needed as a DevOps Engineer
To succeed as a DevOps Engineer, you need to have a strong set of technical skills and knowledge, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with different teams. Some of the essential skills and knowledge needed for this role include:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, and Ruby
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and services, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools like Nagios
Q: What are the employment requirements for a DevOps Engineer in Canada?
A: To become a DevOps Engineer in Canada, you typically need a degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field. Employers also look for candidates who have experience with cloud technologies, automation tools, and programming languages such as Python, Java, and Ruby. Some companies may require additional certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.
Q: What is the average salary for a DevOps Engineer in Canada?
A: The average hourly rate for a DevOps Engineer in Canada is C$38.82, and the average annual salary is C$89,123.
However, salaries may vary depending on the level of experience, location, and industry.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in helping our company streamline software development, testing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE APPLYING FOR: